Thursday, April 29, 2010

May 6-7: The War Museum

After visiting Can Tho Museum, I walked further down the road to go to the war museum. Along the way, I passed by this:


...a shot of Ninh Kieu 2 Hotel against a rare sunny sky as a background.

So finally, the war museum, whose "English" name I actually forgot after a year of visiting.



What can you see there? Of course, lots of war stuff - guns, ammunitions, sky craft, etc.





But then, I went at a rather untimely hour as they were closing for what I supposed as a lunch break. I was going through the second floor when I heard a very lovely sound of humming. Then I was told I could come back at about 3:00 in the afternoon. Or was it 2:00?

Off I went to the nearby cafe by the supermarket to enjoy an icy cold mint tea. The mint tea at that expensive restaurant, which came free by the way, was definitely better. Have I already mentioned that iced tea (the real tea with ice, not the sugary sweet iced tea commonly known) is their water?




May 7, 2009

The following day, I went to finish touring around that war museum. Aside from the ammunitions, you can see him:



I can't resist posting those other stuff:



And this photo of lady soldiers:


And this sort of glass art or wall mural (what do you call these kind of art, anyway?):


Most of all, I'm proud and fond of this photograph with a friendly Vietnamese who made me feel welcome, taken by another friendly (male) Vietnamese with the lovely voice. Of course, I wish I could remember their names.



And so, this was how it looked like then on the afternoon of May 7, 2009...



:)

1 comment: