Thursday, April 29, 2010

May 7: Touring (a Bit) Around Can Tho City

On that second to the last day of my stay in Vietnam, I finally managed to get up early. Before going to work, Mon went with me to that bridge.


A very foggy morning


You won't fail to find people on bicycles and motorcycles

When I was alone again walking around the place, I finally managed to take of photo of the pagoda along Hai Ba Trung.



Despite lacking the funds to take a boat ride along the river, I still talked with locals trying to make me avail of their boat services. They were really nice, but I was a bad tourist passing off as someone interested in their services.


He was one of my victims, who even desperately called what I presumed was his boss, or at least someone who could understand and speak English.


I like her! So cheerful, so nice, and so persistent on making me avail of a boat ride. I felt bad for making her hopeful. I tried to send the message that I really won't be spending money on that boat ride. But she was so persistent!

For lunch, I again went to Mekong restaurant where I had the goat curry, and again met friendly locals who told me about Filipinos (from the Philippine) who would go there to buy beer during Sundays.


The friendly one


The friendlier one

Going to the war museum, I met these young kids who were willing (and actually volunteered) to have their pictures taken. What were their names again?





After visiting the museum, I then met this Vietnamese.


He could speak good English

Looking back, it was great to have met and talked with them. Because of them, my Vietnam trip became more meaningful. :)

Now, more snapshots around the town (or city):


The riverside park


The river


The restaurant beside the riverside park


A lady on a bicycle holding a tray on the street viewed from the restaurant beside the riverside park


Khi Den Do, where across the street you could find a bookstore with relatively inexpensive books (compared with books sold in the Philippines) but written in Vietnamese so I could not buy them even if I wanted to


Pham Hong Thai and Ly Thuong Kiet, some streets I walked through to go to the restaurant with free wi-fi to have my late snack


Again, a cute presentation of a shake...


...to accompany a serving of seafood noodle dish

And for dinner, KFC, with Mon...


...where their chicken meal comes with sliced tomatoes as side dish...


...and where there is a salad, albeit not a satisfying one.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment