Monday, May 4, 2009

April 30: Cafe Creperie & Cafe

I'm not really sure about the cafe name. I just Googled "creperies and cafe HCMC" And no photos, unfortunately. I got tired attempting to take good pictures. I missed a point and shoot camera that day.

The cafe had a relaxing ambiance, with lots of foreigners, apparently a favorite place for mga puti (foreigners). I believe that place would have had been a haven for me if I had stayed first in Can Tho then in HCMC.

Anyway, the food was great. Depending on which preference you would like it to see, it was a either or both a dessert (for Ed) or a snack (for me).

Ed got a very tempting, delicious-looking, yummy-looking, mouth-watering crepe with fruits (strawberry, uhm, and others). There were different kinds of fruits on his plate, but my eye just gazed on the strawberry. I haven't tasted it, though.

I got "apple blossom" crepe. This was one heck of an English language lesson for me. When the waiter confirmed my order, he said something NOT like "apple blossom." It was more of "eyp'l" then the blossom sounded like a mumble. I thought he was talking to me in Vietnamese, which shocked and surprised me, then looked at Ed for help (Mon went to "WC" - or restroom or CR or toilet or whatever else you want to call them - that time). Sorry, I didn't think he said "apple blossom." :)

Apple blossom crepe had apple sprinkled with cinnamon. Sweet. Too sweet for someone with an ordinary tooth (non-sweet tooth). Great for coffee, or beer!

The crepe's texture was just right, with the right thickness, and just the right tenderness to go with the soft apple and sweet cinnamon. Yummy. Ed was surprised that I could finish it off even if I said I was already full during lunch at Little Manila. Mon, of course, wasn't surprised with my appetite. ;)

Next stop: Reunification Palace

No comments:

Post a Comment