Wednesday, May 6, 2009

May 2: Boring Saturday

Let me first tell of my first night in Can Tho: dinner at a coffee shop where a lot of foreigners eat.

Tired and hungry, I just wanted some food in my stomach. I always fail to take note of its name despite eating there twice already. Anyway, I ordered a simple egg sandwich. I expected a simple sandwich the way I usually eat an egg sandwich - in a tasty bread or an american loaf bread or whatever you call it. What came was a sandwich in a bread that looks like a hotdog bun but crispier and hard (some parts crispy, other parts not). I ate up all the egg-mayo spread but couldn't finish the bread.

SATURDAY: A Lazy Day

Breakfast in my hotel room, lunch at Cappuccino - fried tuna with tomato sauce and rice (rice at last!), then slept the rest of the afternoon.


Cappuccino: they can understand and speak a bit of English. Photo taken on May 4.

Dinner at the restaurant-bar-cafe (basta, a place to eat) that Mon frequents and that offers free wi-fi. I ordered for drink aloe vera with yaourt, which tasted like drinking nata de coco, a bit strong, but got to like it after a few sips. For the main course: beef steak with fries (boring) for me and delicious seafood noodles for Mon.


At the coffee shop with a free wi-fi. (Night shots are so difficult.)

Ashyong, Mon's other Filipino workmate here, was supposed to join us for dinner but came late. We then just met him at the big Co-op (grocery store).


The fountain in the rotonda. They so love rotondas.

1 comment: