Wednesday, May 6, 2009

May 3: Photowalk Alone

Still on a lazy mode, I got up late, then worked a bit (yes, work, willingly :) ), then went off for a late lunch at So Hom located at the Can Tho Ancient Market.

I ordered seafood and meat noodles, wishing it was the same as the noodles Mon ordered the night before. Unfortunately, it was not. Moreover, I think the serving was good for three to four people.

Here's what was left (a lot left, actually) after I couldn't eat anymore of it, plus a banana shake.



After getting full, I started my photo walk alone. And these are the highlights.


The women who offered me their banca services. The woman on the right steers the banca, but she could not speak English, so she made her sister offer me their service. I declined saying that I was waiting for my friend. Here's their mobile number - 0918.934390. Again, I panicked with the camera when they agreed to have their photo taken.


Say hi to Ho Chi Minh :)


The bridge: At the background


These couple asked me to take their photo (in their camera, of course.) The guy actually talked to me in Vietnamese. Due to the power of smile, we understood each other. I saw them again that night, and we greeted each other. Nice. :)


Almost a night. This was a cool shot - manual settings. Yebah!

More snapshots around:


A view from So Hom


Trying hard macro shot


Yellow flowers


Riverside (left angle)


Riverside (right angle)


They also love stars (of course, it's in their flag)


Riverside (behind a railing)


Cac ban: BORAC VAOTHUNG (no idea what it says, and if I even got it right)


Waiting... and waiting...

Next: Dinner at Du Thuyen (the floating restaurant)

No comments:

Post a Comment